Monday 3 November 2008

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little" Edmund Burke

OWN STORY 1.
Ages ago, I heard how bad the dispossable nappies are for the environment, and straight away decided that when I will have a child I will use a terry nappies and not add to this massive rubbish production. So when I become a mother I did as planned. It was hard, but could have been easier if I would get more support from my new family. I got a WEIRDO LABEL and people laughed at me behind my back.
I needed a community of people who would be supportive.


OWN STORY 2.
The other day, I met a guy in my part time job, and started a conversation about a plastic bags and the attitude towards geting one or not. He said that he doesn't care and called me a eco warrior. It was not an argument but a discussion about a difference between convinence and a need.

I disliked both experiences and the placement in the eco warriors movement.

I need to use a facility like facebook or a very good emailing system because I want people to create a community within which they could feel that there is more to the issue than their own standby DVD player. I need a website which will gather information and links for organizations which promote not only energy issues but are beginning to be a gate for other Eco friendly initiatives. The system should involve money as that is a key for creating further investment and creating events. It should be speaking to a broader audience than families with children as I guess we are on the same boat.

And also I want to make it less eco looking, more engaging and more interactive. I llive in a society which wants a quick solution, and a very quick result. Laptops have to be finner, internet connection faster, and games more real. I wonder if there is a way of creating a virtual environment constantly showing our future environment, concentrating on a place we live. Your own garden and flat/house.

Creating a connection 1.
1. Poster promoting a new royal mail stamp.
2. Stamp leads to a website where a user can register. Each stamp should have a code which will be used to register on the website and also give them a free gift/envelope or an extra stamp voucher.
3. User is promped to create a profile and answer some questions.
4. Users will also enter their postcode and be able to locate themselves on a map.
5. They would also be told what is the energy effieciency in their neirbourhood. That would be done annonysmouly.
6. There would be a prompt to find users which would agree on that to connect them on facebook and other social sites.

I need to look into Facebook facilities and look into other sites like my space and so on to see how easy is to connect between different platforms.

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Some people are like that. If they can’t do it BIG they won’t do it at all. It is the little things that all add up to make such big changes!

I am glad to hear you used terry nappies. My mother did as well for all three of her children. I love that she did. It is not only good for the environment but also saves money. She is a smart woman and so are you!

I like the idea of a network link! The more support the better the outcome I think. You have a brilliant start.

NATKA said...

Hey Mary,
I didn't realize till now that I can answer a comment on my own blog. It is great to hear that you liked it!