Wednesday 19 November 2008

Alan Aldrige

Alan Aldrige is a Personality, you can tell from a very first moment of entering the exhibition.I love personalities. I feel empowered by their existence and feel that:
\\\THERE IS A WORLD BEYOND AQUENT!\\\

I remind myself to be persistent and strong. Being different is not easy, and I must say on many occasions my current graphic life was full of compromise. I am so sick of it! But once I looked at Aldgrige's work I know that the my only direction out is
WORK MORE
DRAW MORE
AS IF THE WORLD
WOULD NEVER EXIST.
I loved the combination of a modern drawing style and tradition of Alice in Wonderland.
EXCITING...

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Work Work Work, & Draw Draw Draw!!! Someone once told me that if you really care about it, you would make time to do it. I too need to work at this. With my project I am really enjoying getting away from my computer and playing with paper and colors like a little kid again. I jumped out of my box and started taking it apart and am now working at a wacky new way of putting it back together. Happy days!

I love what you said about personalities. I love them as well and tend to be one of those crazy odd personalities. I enjoy spending time with people with courage to move into the unknown and to be TRUE to that regardless what others might think. When I was a little kid people made fun of me because I wasn't very social, but I was very quiet and would sit for hours drawing, in my own little world.

Now I see that weird is a good place to be! It is good to have people that support that as well. I have a mother that never questioned my direction, but was always there with positive words!! Surround yourself with that and just have fun! Play!

Ritika Gupta said...

I love what you said about work more and draw more as if the world doesn't exist.
It's the most fantastic line to live by..

NATKA said...

Hey! Thanks for great comments. When I was a little kid I used to be always aside and on my own. Some people probably wouldn't call me very bright because I would stare at things for hours. And that, I call a strength.
Look at this line:
HEY HO
IT'S GOOD TO BE A WEIRDO!
Mary Anne, good luck with your book!
nx