Wednesday 29 October 2008

Science of Survival

Half term you can recognize by the length of a queues on the Exhibition Road, but I managed to endure it and got inside the Science Museum. I met there my course mates and we looked at some energy associated exhibitions. Especially exposition about plastic was really interesting. I find these statistics very interesting, so I asked a fellow student to take those photos for me as I forgot my camera SILLY ME!





Then I decided to visit a great event in there:
THE SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, which is a project/exhibition dedicated to promoting sustainable living. I recommend it to anybody who is interested in science, living, and future. It was a great experience!
Simplicity of statistics and information was amazing. It was explained in a very understandable way. Overall I really enjoyed it and was also positively surprised that my little one was also thought about and could equally enjoy the interactivity of that place. SO...
I have contacted the director of the Science of... projects and ... I got a response that he is willing to meet. I am excited! I expect to learn from him not only about energy efficiency issues but also to know what was most important for them whilst creating that amazing project. I guess that this is a place when design and life meet, and influence on each other. The important information are being processed by designers of many sorts and then they meet a public eye which takes them on board or not. I guess that what depends on those designers is if the subject was understood read properly. SO WHAT THIS MEETING MAY GIVE ME IS ALSO A DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF MY AUDIENCE AND THEIR DESIGN NEEDS/LITERACY. Which I think my project and my design, will really benefit from.

No comments: