Tuesday 16 December 2008

Recent Freelance Update


ROSS =
A photographer, who is looking at sleek and neutral ways of showing his work. He came to me with an idea of a website which was grayish and had quite a pale look. I think that there is a massive difference between something looking clean, and pale. Sometimes it means that you need to do more work as there is less things speaking about you, so picking typography and composition is important. I designed for Ross website which is
here, and now we are going to be looking at a logo which I made as really draft one so it needs more work to be done on it.
MY BENEFITS =
1. I looked at my own website with more criticism, and the whole changing attitude came from that job.
2. I sorted some of Flash problems which were bugging me before.
3. I managed to talk him into doing more serious work on his logo and general branding. Which shows that my communication skills are getting better.
4. It showed me that I work best once in charge of the design and project, not once I make other designs, animations work.
5. It gave me an idea that
I prefer to work without the middle man.
6. It put me on a track of working on
my animations again.

Except all that I will have January rent paid which I am happy about. :)

2 comments:

Ritika Gupta said...

Hi natalia,

I liked the website and its simplicity. I don't think it's pale, but very clean and easy to maneuver my way through.

NATKA said...

Thanks Ritika,
I know that one is not pale but his idea before mine design was REALLY PALE> :)