Sunday 7 December 2008

MY COLLECTION=MY PICTURE



What are we looking for, describes who we are. Things which we intuitively know are important for us. Why do we collect things, and why are we driven to certain objects? I don't know. But collections become very important part of our lives and are a bit, like an extract of who we are. My collection is a unique set of things which are important for me, I come back to them once in trouble, making choices, or simply when I need inspiration. The collection is a crossover of my inner self and the outside world.

I collect quotes, and strongly believe that two people wouldn't underline the same worlds in the same book. I never collect a quote given by somebody else. That is because my collection is my voice and my journey, throughout my unique life. I treat it very personally.

There is a lot of books which you can buy out there, full of sentences drawn out of books, interviews and so on. They are empty to me. Unless a quote is an extract of something bigger, it is only a sentence without a history and unique meaning.
That doesn't mean that those sentences are less rich, but I guess that a very important part of them has been taken away. That is a process of collecting them, which is never finished...

Funny thing is that back home my Mom took over and continues writing my book of quotes in the same pad I used. So it has another life and a chapter to it. In London, I have a smaller version of it, which constantly grows and feeds my imagination.

Above all the quotes are also a collection of people, the authors which I appreciate and respect. Gathering their point of view, is stimulating and gives me the background I want to grow on. So I write mine history in quotes and that becomes my creative root.

No comments: